Performing Your House Cleaning SafelyJune 7, 2016
While performing simple house cleaning chores you have to be careful not to get hurt. Prevention is the first step towards safety and the following tips can help you a lot in remaining safe while cleaning your home.
- Try to make sure that you have a first aid kit that can be used if an accident occurs. It should be easily accessible and it should contain bandages and medicine. Read the instructions given on the medicine and then follow them.
- If you are climbing a ladder or going outside then wear the right kind of shoes and if you are working with electric appliances then wear rubber soles.
- Do not leave sharp or dangerous tools out, because children might start playing with them. Teach your children how to deal with these things and how to use them.
- If the floor is wet then clean it with a mop until it is dry.
- Keep plenty of light bulbs with you while doing the home cleaning, so that in case a blub burns out you can change it.
- Try to find out the easiest way to lift an object. Ask for help from another person if you are unable to slide a piece of furniture or an appliance to clean behind it.
- Label your boxes properly so you do not have to go and check every box for the thing that you are looking for.
- Never leave anything on the stairs or floor while floor cleaning, because if a person doesn’t pay attention then they could trip and be seriously hurt.
- Be very careful while doing electric work. Keep yourself dry; wear gloves, safety glasses, and proper clothes to protect you from electric shocks.
- While carpet cleaning if you are using a vacuum and your vacuum sounds weird then immediately unplug it instead of trying to fix it.
- Always protect your face with a mask and your body with proper covering when working with acids or chemicals because if you do not take these precautions then you can get harmed and your eyes can also get damaged.
- Always keep paint and other things that are flammable away from the stove.
- When you have done your home cleaning assignment then throw away all your dirty rags.
- Hard surface cleaning can be done by using products such as vinegar, baking soda, ammonia, and bleach. Pay attention to the words written on the bottles such as “caution”, “dangerous”, and “warning”. These words are written so that you can be more careful while using these products.
- Keep all chemical products away from your children and your pets. After doing your chore put away all your domestic cleaning products at their right and original place and also label them accurately and properly to avoid any kind of harm.
- Always put safety first because it is vital. When using chemicals, always wear gloves because it helps you to avoid coming into contact with the chemicals. Always ensure the room is properly ventilates before starting to clean. To protect yourself from dust, put a mask on your face, because dust is very harmful and can cause respiratory problems.
- One of the most important points is to change your dish cloths regularly so as to prevent exposure to bacteria.
All these safety precautions seem to be very simple but they can help you reduce the risk of injury or accidents during the house cleaning process. Always remember that if you do not have enough knowledge or you are not sure about any domestic cleaning product or piece of equipment and its usage then it is better to take advice from experts and then follow the advice thoroughly.