Use these smart study techniques to pass competitive exams with Flying ColorsMay 9, 2016
As soon as students are done with their 12th board exams, they are ion a rush to prepare for various competitive exams, like IIT JEE, AIPMT, WBJEE, C.A., C.S. etc. The preparation agenda starts soon after the exams or sometimes even when they are still in 12th. While it is intimidating to prepare for competitive exams, at the same time a well-organized scheme can make this task easier for you. We have tried to collate some tips and tricks in this post for you that may prove useful to you for cracking any competitive exam.
- Start with collating information about the exam you are planning to appear for. Read online, speak with your peers, seniors and take their opinion. Go through the syllabus and the previous year’s question papers. All this investigation will give you an idea about the exam and will help you analyze all the information about AIPMT colleges.
- After collecting all the information about the exam, see how much efforts will be required from your end to get through it. Examine the information you have accumulated to find out where you stand and where you need to start from.
- Effective planning is of utmost importance before you start preparing for any exam. Make a study plan per the vastness of the syllabus and the difficulty level.
- Once you have planned on how to study, the next step would be to acquire the study material. Find out the most relevant books and material to study. You can get notes from your seniors who have appeared in the same exam as you are planning to. Online courses also provide you a large variety of material pertaining to the exam you are opting for.
- Focus on time management. This applies for pre-exam and during the exam time. Before the exam, while you are preparing for it, manage your time systematically in order to avoid wastage of time. During the exam, do not take much time for a single question. Manage your time in a way wherein you are able to attempt all the questions.
- General Knowledge is a subject in most of the competitive exams. To strengthen your GK, read newspapers, watch the news, read books like Manorama Yearbook. There are a lot of general knowledge books available in the market that you can opt for. Stay updated with all the current affairs in the field of business, education, finance, economics and politics.
- Stay committed to what you have planned. Do not step back in any given situation. If you have set an aim, work hard to attain it. Read books that give you positivity and motivation. Biographies of great men will encourage you to move forward and achieve your goals.
- Stay healthy in the course of preparation. Do not strain yourself with the pressure of studies. Hard work is important but not at the cost of your health. Staying healthy and working hard should go hand in hand if you want to be successful in any competitive exam.
We can only provide you with tips and tricks but the end result depends on how you implement them. So work hard and get there with Flying Colors!